At Dutchmaster Nurseries, we offer numerous trees from deciduous to evergreen to flowering varieties that add tranquillity, shade, and natural beauty to your property. Some customers are looking for the best trees for privacy in Ontario, while others want to know the fastest growing shade trees in the area. We often recommend species that would do well with other trees and shrubs in your landscape. If you need assistance finding the best evergreen trees for Ontario, our tree experts can help you with that too.
Best Trees for Privacy in Ontario
Evergreens provide screening and greenery all year long. We recommend spruce, pine, cedars, hemlocks, mature firs, yews, and other evergreens that grow quickly in Southern Ontario’s climate.
Browse through our catalogue to view the characteristics of mature trees in our inventory. Then, reach out with any questions that you may have regarding your top choices for evergreens. By starting with semi-mature trees and learning creative pruning techniques, you can cultivate lovely evergreens that provide shelter and privacy for your property.
Fast Growing Shade Trees in Ontario
Many stately shade trees do well throughout Ontario. We’ve chosen three of our favourite species which provide shade, grow rapidly, and have unique features that will help your property stand out.
Three fast-growing, showy trees perfect for your Southern Ontario landscaping include:
- Autumn Blaze Maple: Growing at a rate of 60 cm (2 feet) per year, this tree grows winter buds, clusters of spring flowers, and brilliant red to orange fall foliage. It can reach 45 to 50 feet with a canopy of up to 40 feet in diameter.
- Paper Birch: The distinctive white, peeling bark and contrasting green leaves make this a stunning tree. It grows up to 60 cm (2 feet) annually and grows from 50 to 70 feet tall. It develops multiple trunks and golden fall leaves.
- Ivory Silk Lilac: Growing at a rate of 12 to 18 inches per year, this medium-size tree may grow up to 30 feet tall. This ornamental tree develops showy white flower clusters in the early summer and has a pleasant scent.
Best Evergreen Trees for Ontario
Yew, firs, spruce, and pines do well in urban and suburban settings and are among the best evergreen trees for Ontario.
- Yews: We have many varieties available that can be used both for hedging as well as clumping or stand-alone plants.
- Firs: Balsam firs excel in the moist soil of Southern Ontario. These evergreens have a blue-green colour and shapely profiles.
- Pines: White pines grow to 24 meters (80 feet), with a canopy spreading over 12 meters (40 feet). They have a billowy texture that gives them a unique appearance.
Our Tree Planting Guide has tons of essential information on planting trees in Ontario. Contact us today for information on which trees might look best on your commercial, municipal or private property. Be sure to ask about our wholesale trees and plant material for all your landscaping needs.